This course offers 15 CEUs!
You will have 90 days to complete this course.
Packed with non-stop action, arts-based activities and ideas that will have you furiously taking notes as your clinical toolbox overflows with creative, effective interventions you can use immediately! What’s more, you’ll leave inspired to create even more!
Learn new innovative interventions to help even your most resistant clients become unstuck and express themselves. Your weekend will consist of creative, interactive, hands-on training that will re-energize your work. You will gain fresh new creative arts strategies and approaches that you can use immediately to engage even your most difficult and challenging clients.
This workshop is for clinicians, supervisors, and any direct service staff with an interest in learning about or building their knowledge of creative interventions. Participants will engage in experiential exercises through art, drama, narrative therapy, music, poetry, and body-centered therapies. You will utilize a working case conceptualization to help us understand how we work with clients to identify what expressive interventions could be most beneficial to healing, integrating, or just becoming “unstuck.” This workshop will be experiential in nature.
No arts experience is necessary, just an openness to try something creative.
* Explore creative directives to immediately implement into therapy practice to help clients regulate their emotions and behaviors.
* Consider the ethical implications and clinical limitations of using creative interventions in clinical practice.
* Determine the stages of a client’s normative development, and identify the indicators suggesting a need for additional clinical support.
* Summarize the benefits of utilizing a creative approach in assessment, diagnosis and clinical treatment of mental health disorders.
* Develop a plan for introducing the creative interventions into clinical practice for treatment resistant and challenging children and families.
* Determine the neurobiological implications of using creative interventions among clients with various diagnoses.
Limitations and Risks:
* Participants understand the nature, objectives, limitations, and results from the training are distinctly different from the formal study of the creative arts therapies
* There are potential risks when introducing creative arts into your practice without adequate training
* The creative arts therapies are an evidenced-based treatment
The Center for Creative Arts Therapy is approved as a continuing education provider for Social Workers and Counselors by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, (#159.001383).
This workshop provides 15 CEUs for Social Workers and Counselors and 1 credit hour for Drama Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapy students.
Course Completion. You will have 90 days for this 15 CEU hour course from the date of registration to complete it. No extensions will be made for the completion of this course!
Disclaimer. Anyone is welcome to take this course for information and inspiration! We reserve the right to determine eligibility for online registration courses. In order to receive continuing education units, upon request, professionals must show evidence of identity and mental health or creative arts therapy credentials and/or certification/registration from a nationally recognized certification/registration agency. For our online REAT track students, you may be asked show evidence of enrollment in a master's level or higher or equivalent course of study before beginning courses. To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
Scope of Practice. Materials that are included in these online courses may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession's standards.
Refund Policy. Due to the nature of our online learning system, and proprietary information shared with students upon entering our Learning Portal, we do not issue refunds for our online learning programs/courses.