Enjoy this 6 CEU online workshop!
You have 60 days to complete this course.
Dance/movement therapists are passionate about dance and the unique healing power that it offers. Discover this therapeutic approach that integrates the mind, body, and spirit through verbal and nonverbal approaches. Learn how to help others and enrich lives through a fuller experience of embodiment, by employing your love for movement and dance in a therapeutic context.
This unique online course provides the opportunity to learn how to integrate skills and passion for dance into clinical practice.
1. give an account of and problematize the basic psychotherapy concepts and theories on the relation between body and mind that form the basis of the dance therapy method
2. give an account of and problematize how psychotherapy concepts can be linked to therapy in practice
3. apply evaluate and perform dance therapeutical tools
4. discuss how their own experiences of dance and movement improvisations can deepen the knowledge and understanding of dance therapy
5. discuss how their own bodies can be a tool of communication
6. evaluate and critically reflect on dance therapy as method
Course Completion. You will have 60 days for this 6 CEU hour course from the date of registration to complete it. No extensions will be made for the completion of this course!
Disclaimer. Anyone is welcome to take this course for information and inspiration! We reserve the right to determine eligibility for online registration courses. In order to receive continuing education units, upon request, professionals must show evidence of identity and mental health or creative arts therapy credentials and/or certification/registration from a nationally recognized certification/registration agency. For our online REAT track students, you may be asked show evidence of enrollment in a master's level or higher or equivalent course of study before beginning courses. To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
Scope of Practice. Materials that are included in these online courses may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession's standards.
Refund Policy. Due to the nature of our online learning system, and proprietary information shared with students upon entering our Learning Portal, we do not issue refunds for our online learning programs/courses.